Wednesday 27 January 2010

First shots...

It's always an exciting moment to unpack a new lens.  I then usually spend half a day thoroughly testing it. The test for my telephoto involved a walk to the park, and after 40 minutes I managed to find the deer.
My favourite photo from the afternoon is one of a doe jumping across a stream, with her fawn watching on.  The fawn then got up the courage to follow its mother.



My second favourite shot was of two stags.  I'd been creeping along by a stream, hidden by the trees, but finally got spotted...


I'm not a wildlife photographer in any way - as my miserable attempts at photographing birds in flight showed - much practice needed there I think!  However, I do love nature, and it's a joy to be able to remember the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment