Saturday 6 February 2010

Product shots

Taking product shots is all about light and photoshop.  It's not my skill set, I love photography that is fast paced.  However, one saturday I was bored and starting experimenting taking pictures of my own mobile phone.  

With product shots the light is always directional.  It captures the shape and form of the image and adds a sharpness makes the eye catch the detail.  Here's my haphazard effort...


A reflective surface adds to the shot - so often on billboards and adverts there will be a slight reflection of the object itself.  At home you can do that with a mirror...


If you've got an off camera light source shots like this can be done very easily.  The best part?  You don't even need a good camera.  All the shots above were taken on my Canon G11 compact.  The G11 is only expensive because of the build quality, any compact camera could produce the results above if the light was right.  Any of my readers do product shots?

(photo courtesy of DPreview.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment