Friday 15 January 2010

Nerves and wedding photography.



One of the most common questions I get asked as a wedding photographer is whether I get nervous.  A wedding is full of one-off moments: the first kiss, cutting of the cake, first dance, the groom seeing his wife to be for the first time.  People often want to know if the pressure to capture all of these gets to me.  I honestly have to say no.  I absolutely love being a wedding photographer, and don't ever feel pressured.  I just enjoy it.  The only time I get nervous is when I have 500 images on my memory cards not backed up yet - I'll only sleep easy when they're on my laptop and external hard-drive.

There aren't many photos of me at work, but I've included the two I have.  The first was taken by my second shooter at my last wedding, the second by my Dad at the wedding of a close family friend as I helped the bride and groom get in the wedding car, before going to the beach for the couple shoot.  I seem to be enjoying myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment